Jo is a commercially minded operational finance professional, financial controller with experience of challenging roles across a variety of fast-paced businesses and sectors, ranging in size from start-up to FTSE 100 companies. As a Chartered Accountant with a degree in business studies, she can apply her experience and analytical skills to a wide range of business situations and sectors.
Business Advisor, Financial Controller,
Remote, London, SE England,
Audit, Business Process Improvement, Business Strategies, Financial Analysis, Financial Modelling, Project Management
Telecoms, Manufacturing, Professional Services
Jo began her career with PwC where she qualified as a chartered accountant gaining valuable audit experience in the process. Jo has since worked in a variety of finance roles including internal audit, commercial finance, reporting planning and analysis and supporting start-ups.
Jo is flexible and a resilient self-starter, working well either alone or as an effective team player. Jo is a goal-driven individual, action-orientated with a can-do attitude and a fine eye for detail.
Over the course of her career Jo has:
- Designed and implemented a Management Audit function with a high level operational focus and emphasis on risk management for a FTSE 250 organisation
- Commercially evaluated complex deals for a global telecoms company
- Driven improvements in the quality of data received and the analysis provided within a global telecoms company
- Set up and implemented finance systems, controls, policies and procedures for SME’s
- Designed and delivered management accounts, key performance indicators, financial commentaries
- Analysed business performance, trends and customer and product profitability
- Prepared budgets, forecasts, investment appraisals and business cases for investment
- Managed and controlled Cashflow in situations of tight liquidity
- Designed strategy tools for evaluating opportunities against the strategic plan
Sector: SME Consultancy and research.
As a start-up company there were often unanticipated opportunities presenting themselves and the directors were unsure which, if any of these should be pursued.
The client needed to ensure that limited resources were being efficiently and effectively utilised in a manner that would result in sustainable growth in line with the strategic aims of the company.See Full Case Study