Joanna is a motivated self-starter, and is a very experienced chartered accountant, who has held roles of: Company Accountant, Head of Finance and Finance Director over the past 15 years, in both privately owned and listed companies.
Head of Finance, Company Accountant, Financial Controller, Bookkeeper, Credit Controller,
Accounts preparation, Board meetings, Board reports, Bookkeeping, Budgets, Business planning, Costing, Due diligence, Health Check visit, HR/Payroll, Inventory Management, System Implementation, System selection, Treasury, Banking, Business Analysis, Business Process Improvement, Financial Analysis, Financial Modelling, Financial Structuring, Project Management, Management Accounts, KPIs, Company Start-ups, Executive Team leadership, Financial Forecasting, Financial Coaching and Training
Environmental, Facilities, Financial Services, IT, Logistics, Retail, Motor Trade, Utilities, Wholesale/Distribution, Property, Tree Nursery, and Artisan Bread Bakers
Joanna is meticulous and has outstanding analytical skills she has a proven track record of turning business’ round with positive cash flows, with excellent processing control, whilst understanding the cost drivers of the business.
She has a hands-on approach to accounting and has regularly completed:
- Budgets, Sales Ledger, Bought Ledger, Stock Market Currency Trading,
- Overdraft application to Banks, Pursuance of Bad Debts (to County Court),
- Weekly Payroll, Stock Valuation, Annual Accounts, Corporation Tax, P11D, P60, P32, Management Accounts, KPIs, Audits, Renegotiation of insurance policies.
- Cashflow Management
Joanna has a proven track record of generating working capital thus avoiding liquidation or re-structuring, by means of implementing better working practices and systematic credit control.
She works with all personnel associated with the business to enhance better sales generation and payment timetables to accommodate different trading organisations.
Joanna has extensive overseas accounting experience, dealing with international accounting:
- FX contracts
- Forward Spot Options
- VAT double Tax Agreements
In European countries and worldwide, to trade on the London Stock Market with currency instruments.
Her strong technical accounting skills mean that she can have a positive contribution to business strategy and profitability, with the ability to take a strategy and put in into action. Having the experienced the full range of accounting functions, Joanna is able to ensure all aspects of the accounts and finance are linked together for maximum effectiveness. Some examples of this are:
- Saving a business Corporation tax of over £12k per annum
- Took a company from regular £500k overdraft, to a regular balance of £850k by good cash management.
- Saving a business £50k (in fines from ACAS) by implementing “Employment Handbooks” and Procedures
- Upgrade of Accountancy software – Implementation and Testing
- Rescuing businesses from the brink of liquidation
- Negotiating with HMRC, in respect of PAYE, and VAT
Joanna’s role often requires her to be the sole accountant in the business. She is used to designing and Implementing Management accounting reports and presenting at board meetings.
Her experience means that she frequently works with external financial bodies, such as auditors, shareholders, compliance functions (e.g. Environmental agencies, Health and Safety executive).