An experienced Finance Director, Ian Wint has worked in both privately owned and listed UK and multinational companies. In addition to strategic and operational responsibilities, he has experience in acquisitions, IT and systems development, reorganizations and business turnaround. As a Chartered Management Accountant, with a degree in business studies, he can apply his experience and analytical skills to a wide range of business situations and sectors.
Consulting CFO, CFO, Finance Director, Business Advisor,
London, SE England, East Midlands, East England,
Accounts preparation, Acquisitions, Board meetings, Board reports, Budgeting/Forecasting, Business Analysis, Business Plans, Business Process Improvement, Business Strategies, Cash-flow management, Change management, Cost Controls, Costing, Dispute resolution, Due Diligence, Executive Team Leadership, Financial Coaching and Training, Financial Modelling, Financial Planning and Analysis, Forensic Investigations, Healthcheck visit, Inventory management, KPIs, Leadership, Management Accounts, People Management, Project Management, Reorganisation, Restructuring, Stakeholders Management, System Selection & Implementation, Transfer Pricing, Treasury
Consumer Products, Manufacturing, Scientific Instruments/Medical Devices, Telecoms
Ian qualified as a Chartered Management Accountant in the United Kingdom and progressed through a variety of roles in SMEs and multinational companies across a diverse range of industries. He has 20 years’ experience as a Finance Director and CFO.
He is flexible and a resilient self-starter, working well either alone or as an effective team player. Ian is a goal-driven individual, action and solution orientated, with a can-do attitude and a fine eye for detail.
Over the course of his career, he has:
- Cash-flow – As part of an interim finance director role, developed short and medium term cash-flow projections to give the shareholders confidence in making a further cash injection whilst regaining the trust of its supplier base.
- Business Planning – Collaborative development of long-term financial plans to challenge and support the strategic re-alignment of a business. Prepared business cases to support acquisitions.
- Business Turnaround – Identified loss making activities and cost reduction opportunities to bring struggling businesses back to profit.
- Finance transformation – Restructured a multi-site finance function to align with business partner needs in a complex matrix organization. Developed finance functions to meet the needs of a growing business including mentoring of key staff.
- Acquisitions – Negotiated and integrated acquisitions of European based businesses.
- Business Process Improvement – Identified and implemented changes to business processes across a range of functions to facilitate improved customer service and greater efficiency.
- Due-Diligence – Supported acquisition of small and medium sized international companies.
- System Selection and Implementation – Led several ERP and accounting software implementations plus developed budgeting and planning tools for small and large organisations.
- Financial Reporting – Improved management reporting to give business owners and managers more timely and better visibility of business performance.
- Corporate Governance – Implemented SOX compliant processes in a UK division of a multinational business and improved basic accounting procedures in an SME.
- International – Spent 10 years as CFO for a European division of a North American multinational. Wide knowledge of tax systems and especially transfer pricing.