Marshall is an experienced Chartered Accountant, with roles including Director of Finance and Administration for SME businesses within the business to business consultancies and professional services sectors. He has worked in the charity, leisure, banking, and retail sectors.
Whilst specialising in all aspects of management and financial reporting, staff management and mentoring, Board participation, IT systems and office management, Marshall is flexible as to geographic location, sector, portfolio or singular opportunities and package. He constantly takes a professional and pragmatic approach to all projects and assignments.
Some of Marshall’s key achievements include:
- Improving cash flow and profitability by establishing process with team leaders to improve billing of work-in-progress and collection of debtors.
- Creating new monthly reporting packages for local management which analysed results by business unit.
- Financial accounts production for UK business and liaison with auditors both in UK and US.
- Created annual budgeting package, which contained detailed modeling of all human capital costs including commission calculations and all employee benefit costs.
- Developed and enhanced management reporting system, resulting in improved profitability and cash management.
- Facilitated revised budgeting procedures within a recently merged organisation.
- Set up off-shore company to facilitate VAT-free billing and extend customer base.
“Marshall is very effective and efficient. He makes difficult things easy, I’m very happy.”
Shelford Ventures Ltd