Ian is a business focused big 4 qualified Chartered Accountant with SME Finance Director experience in addition to working at a senior level in Investment Banking and Treasury. Ian is a Finance Director in Harpenden and St Albans, however, he works throughout London and South-East England providing part time Finance Director services.
Consulting CFO, CFO, Finance Director, Business Advisor, Financial Controller,
London, SE England, East England,
Accounts preparation, Acquisitions & mergers, Board meetings, Board reports, Bookkeeping, Budgets, Business plans, Cost reduction, Costing, Credit control, Due diligence, Payroll, Raising equity, System implementation, System selection, Treasury, Banking, Business Analysis, Business Process Improvement, Business Strategies, Change Management, Financial Analysis, Financial Modelling, Investment Banking, People Management, Private Equity, Project Management, Stakeholder Management,Management Accounts,Risk and Corporate Governance, KPIs, Company Start-ups, Financial Forecasting, Interim Management,
Manufacturing, Engineering, Education, Mining and Financial Services
Ian has been a founder member and CFO of start-up companies in Mineral Exploration, property and technology. He was the CFO of a mineral exploration company that was successfully floated on the AIM market. He also has Investment Banking experience including working as a Director in the Treasury department at Deutsche Bank.
His experience includes:
- Business Planning – formulated business plans for SMEs
- Liquidity management – Forecasting and managing cash flow and liquidity at PE owned credit card issuer NewDay with over £1bn of receivables.
- Cash flow Management – Providing companies optimal cash flow including early VAT registration and receiving research and development rebates.
- New Business start-up – setting up companies including property, consulting, investment and mining business.
- Due Diligence – supported sale and acquisition of small and medium sized businesses.
- Buy/Sell Business – (difficulties in): shareholder management
- Funding – Successfully managed to secure funding for Start-Up companies from private individual investors to public offerings.
- Accounts preparation – Preparation of both management and statutory accounts.
- Financial Modelling – substantial experience of financial modelling for a range of different companies including Company valuation, Sensitivity analysis and growth forecast.
- Corporate Governance – experience in setting up a corporate governance framework in both large and SMEs companies.
Sector: Mineral Exploration
A start-up mineral exploration company with licences in Brazil and Peru needed financial help in managing cash-flow, producing management and statutory account and managing a float on AIM from the finance side.
The company had few financial resources, the CEO was running the exploration projects both in the field and in the UK and had not the time to get involved in the finances. But the company was a start-up using its seed capital and needing to get further funding via an AIM floatation in the near future.