Group MD and co-founder of EFM, Finance Director with over 30 years of accounting and advisory experience to SME’s. Gary leads EFM and provides clients with his creative insights, ideas and detailed finance experienced. He is an educator in good financial discipline, raising finance, and leading companies through changing periods of business activity.
Managing Director, Finance Director, Business Advisor, Non-exec Director,
Business Advisor helping SME's improve their Financial Expertise, Profit and Cash
Remote, London, SE England, East England,
Board meetings, Business Models, Business plans, Due diligence, Healthcheck visit, Raising equity, Sales & marketing, Business Analysis, Business Strategies, Financial Analysis, Financial Modelling, Financial Restructuring, Leadership, People Management, Executive team leadership, Financial Forecasting, Financial Coaching and Training, Fundraising, Cost controls
Accountancy, Advertising & Marketing Services, Automotive, Biotechnology, Charity, Chemicals, Commodity, Education, Electronics, Environmental, Food & Beverage, Hospitality, Insurance, Leisure, Logistics, Manufacturing, Media & Films, Merchants/Dealerships, Professional Services, Property, Recruitment, Retail, SaaS, Service, Transportation, Travel
Gary Jesson FCA is the Group MD and co-founder of EFM. With over 30 years of accounting and advisory experience under his belt, he is ideally placed both to grow the company and provide our clients with his experiences as a Finance Director and Business Advisor across multiple sectors and challenges
- Qualified and worked at Ernst and Young for 20 years including running the Entrepreneur of the Year program.
- Seeing a gap in the market for providing outsourced financial management to SMEs, he left in 2000 to set up e-Financial Management with investor Anthony Biddle.
- As CEO he has grown annual business across 4 different entities to over £5m turnover with a team of over 70 people across the UK and Ireland.
- Has acted in FD capacity for over 50 clients, raising finance, providing strong discipline and leading companies through difficult periods.
- He also developed a License business using his own success to provide the business model for successful growth and an interim and portfolio management business, and replicated this model into the Irish market.
- He is also involved in a growing Sticker business start-up where he is a founder director, a director of a family office investment fund and been or continues to be a non-executive director or board advisor to several SME’s.
- Gary is also a regular speaker and contributor to finance and funding educational events and has supported several universities with entrepreneurship and business planning modules as well as helping launch a finance incubator programme.
“Gary and the team at EFM have been enormously helpful in my first 12 months of trading. I would describe the one to one consultation with Gary as the best financial decision I made last year. The advice and support I have received has given clarity to all things financial and I’m very much looking forward to working with them long into the future.”
Charlie Spokes- Founder
A potential investor needed to validate claims made by client (target) company.
A venture capital investor contacted EFM to provide a financial management diagnostic review ahead of a potential investment in a major social service company that provides professional services to a range of corporate and public sector clients across the UK.
Click to read more