An experienced Finance Director – Tim has worked in owner managed, private equity backed and listed companies. In addition to strategic and operational responsibilities, he has experience in MBO’s, VC/PE fund raising, reorganisations, acquisitions and disposals, executive coaching and mentoring finance teams. As a Business Finance Professional and Chartered Accountant, he can apply his experience and analytical skills to a wide range of business situations and sectors.
Consulting CFO, CFO, Change Manager, Finance Director, Business Advisor, Financial Controller, Non-exec Director, Accountant,
Statutory Accounts preparation, Board meetings, Board reports, Bookkeeping, Business plans, Costing, Due diligence, Healthcheck visit, Inventory management, Raising equity, Reorganisation, Sales & marketing, System implementation, System selection, Treasury, Banking, Business Analysis, Business Process Improvement, Business Strategies, Financial Analysis, Financial Modelling, Financial Restructuring, Financial Structuring, Leadership, People Management, Private Equity, Project Management, Stakeholders Management, Management Accounts, KPIs, Company Start-ups, Budgets, Executive team leadership, Financial Forecasting, Financial Coaching and Training, Fundraising, Investor relations, Financial Planning and Analysis, Cost controls, Executive Coaching, Staff Mentoring, Raising Asset based debt, Preparing Information Memorandum.
Construction, Chemical Manufacturing and Distribution, Printed Packaging Manufacturing, Training, IT infrastructure, Insurance Claims Management and Fulfillment, Insurance, Heavy Lifting Solutions, Wind Energy, Food Preparation, Training, Electrical Distribution, FMCG, Technology Start-Ups
Tim qualified as a Chartered Accountant in the United Kingdom and has been working as a Financial Controller, Finance Director and CFO for over 20 years. Starting his professional life at RPG in Manchester, he moved into his business life at Norwest Holst (now Vinci plc) before moving onto senior financial positions of both public companies and private equity backed businesses in both medium sized and small start-up technology businesses.
Tim is a technically strong, commercially astute, experienced multi sectorial finance professional and trained executive management coach and mentor. With a track record of understanding the strategic, commercial and operational drivers, and issues of a business with the ability to work with all stakeholders to deliver business objectives. He is a credible professional, able to work with all top financial services firms, strong written and verbal communication skills, adaptable and able to energise, and lead others in trouble shooting and problem-solving tasks. Direct, hands on and results oriented as well as possessing the ability to delegate effectively.
Over the past three years Tim has been involved with a number of businesses that have either been in turnaround or transformation in some way. He has been pivotal in preparing business plans and financial forecasts that have generated funding from the AIM market and from private equity and asset backed lenders. During his career he has ensured financial control, accurate reporting and cash control whilst working with finance teams and external financial service firms.
He is flexible and a resilient self-starter, working well either alone or as an effective team player. He is a goal-driven individual, action-orientated with a can-do attitude and a fine eye for detail.
Recently, he has delivered:
- Business Planning – Collaborative development of a plan to support the refinancing of a national UK business due to value diminution of the business. This involved the rationalisation of the debt structure and a new asset-based facility.
- New business set up– assisted with the business funding to enable a UK business to establish a Gibraltar based Insurance intermediary raising funding from the Greater Manchester Loan Fund. Also recently advised on recruitment start up business.
- Cash-flow – as part of an interim management role, Tim managed the day to day cash requirements and developed short and medium term cash-flow projections to enable business to understand the intensive working capital demands of a long manufacturing/inventory cycle. At the same time preparing long term business plans as the basis of raising additional working capital through an equity fundraise.
- Due-Diligence – (for acquirers and vendors) – supported sale and acquisition of small and medium sized businesses. Vendor side included ensuring preparation of virtual data room and presentation of financial data for due diligence, relevant material over requirements, analysis and legal due diligence back up. For acquirers prepared due diligence reports highlighting financial risks and opportunities within the businesses.
- Business Turnaround – Reviewed the profitability of major stock lines by implementing product costing to improve financial viability and ensure a sustainable strategy. Assignment included overall costing review and capital expenditure business case approvals and foreign exchange management.
- Finance transformation – Design of finance functions to align with strategic vision, creation of road map, and effective implementation.
- Buy/Sell Business – disposal of international Plastic Packaging Solutions business and insurance claim manager and fulfillment businesses to private equity and acquisition and integration of flame-retardant business. Wind down of wind energy business to generate £3m of working capital.