Finance Director – Mike is a highly skilled and resourceful Chartered Accountant, having worked in financial services for more than 20 years at large global financial institutions, domestic financial institutions, and small financial boutiques. He has strong experience in sales, marketing, operations, finance, client service, risk management and strategic functions, as both a leader of small specialist teams and large generalist teams, as well as managing cross-functional teams. He has successfully been able to translate these skills to the SME sector, bringing experience to add rigour to SME companies.
Finance Director, Business Advisor, Financial Controller,
London, SE England, SW England,
Banking, Business Analysis, Business Process Improvement, Business Strategies, Change Management, Financial Analysis, Financial Modelling, Financial Restructuring, Financial Structuring, Investment Banking, Leadership, People Management, Private Equity, Project Management, Stakeholder Management
Banking, Charity, Commodities, Education, Financial Services, FMCG, Foreign Exchange Services, Manufacturing, Media, Oil & Gas, Professional Services, Real Estate, Retail, Telecom
Finance Director, Mike qualified as a Chartered Accountant in South Africa and, after completing articles at Deloitte and compulsory conscription at the local tax office, worked as a tax consultant with an international professional consulting practice. He then moved into financial services where he undertook a wide variety of roles at a number of firms in both Johannesburg and London over more than 20 years. He has since spent time in the SME sector, adding value by employing skills and experience obtained.
He is flexible and a resilient self-starter, working well either alone or as an effective team player. He is a goal-driven individual, action-orientated with a can-do attitude and a fine eye for detail.
Over the course of his career as a Finance Director, he has:
- Built a comprehensive model to assess the profitability of customers and products.
- Developed a management information system to provide business intelligence on operations of the business.
- Developed an operating budget to monitor performance against plan.
- Deployed a rigorous management reporting pack for directors’ monthly meetings.
- Mapped business processes for improved quality of workflow, remove waste, lower costs and reduce risk.
- Structured and implemented an innovative funding solution for a client’s growth ambitions.
- Prepared cash flow analyses and a restructured funding package for an underfunded Oil + Gas operator.
- Built a detailed financial model to undertake dynamic sensitivity analyses of cash flow projections.
- Installed a Process Management System measuring workflow performance and monitoring KPIs.
Mike is married with 3 teenage children. In his spare time, he enjoys playing golf, cycling sportives, watching Formula 1 & rugby and learning German. He is also the Finance Governor at a local secondary academy.
Mike understands the needs of a small, growing business.
He brings great awareness of the disciplines we need to adopt and provides the support we need to continue to grow.
James Post, Ashbury Labelling Ltd