Top 4 trained Chartered Accountant, Finance Director with nearly 30 years of accounting and commercial experience. In the last 10 years Paul has majored in the SME world in which he has held several roles as employed Financial Director positions, in a number of sectors including engineering, manufacturing, renewables and SAAS businesses, helping these businesses grow whilst managing financial and commercial risk.
Paul is also MD of the Luton office of EFM, managing a team of professionals, offering their clients a range of value adding financial management services
Paul is an experienced Finance Director who has worked in both smaller privately owned and large international businesses. He has had responsibility in general and commercial management positions, with a wide involvement in both strategic and operational matters. His experience also includes MBO’s, fund raising, reorganizations and a number of acquisitions and disposals. As a Chartered Accountant he can apply his experience and analytical skills to a wide range of business situations and sectors.
Over the course of his career, Paul has had success in:
- Buying companies and integrating them into the culture of the acquiring company dealing with the teething pains of a reorganisation.
- Building relationships with banks, professionals, blue chip customers and suppliers.
- Managing and maintaining strict cash flow controls and reporting.
- Improving profitability through his commercial acumen, financial analysis and cost cutting experience.
- Preparing subsidiaries for disposal and businesses for exit.
- Implementing detailed sales, margin and cost analysis systems and reporting.
- Taking responsibility for other non financial departments such as HR, IT and marketing.
Paul believes strongly in bringing value to all his clients with his adaptable, hard working and positive approach.
Paul is available to work within the M1 corridor from London to Leicestershire
“I originally came across EFM at a finance event organised by Informed Funding where they spoke intelligently about growth funding at one of the panel discussions. Following that I met up with them to discuss my requirements – essentially a part-time FD for my growing software SaaS company, but also somebody who could get our financial reporting and accounts ready for investor scrutiny, as well as somebody I could use as a sounding board for business decisions beyond pure finance.
I’m very glad I did as I now have a professional FD without the high price tag of a full-time one, as well as the ability to lean on EFM’s network of 70+ other finance professionals for additional specialist guidance.
Our FD, Paul Jesson, is very much seen by both me and the rest of the company as part of the team rather than an outsider, and crucially our financial processes and reporting are now in a hugely improved state!”
Jens Lundgaard, Founder & CEO, Brandworkz