A commercially astute Finance Director, Peter Cassidy has over 30 years of experience across a broad spectrum of industries, and also possesses further acumen gained by heading his own services company which he founded.
An ‘all round’ technically strong hands-on senior finance professional who has worked with businesses through periods of significant growth, he can operate operationally and strategically as a Finance Director at board level, and is also adept at building and managing relationships with third-party funders and stakeholders and has experience in PE fundraising, reorganizations, and merger and acquisitions.
As a CIMA accountant with a diploma in Company Direction and also with energy management qualifications he can apply his experience and analytical skills to a wide range of business situations and sectors.
Peter qualified as a CIMA Accountant in United Kingdom and has been employed in various technical and strategic roles on an upward career path, including a ‘number one’ position for several years as Finance Director for a large aerospace component manufacturer.
More recently he has worked in a part-time senior financial capacity aligned with his business interests, supporting the sale of an SME manufacturing company by maintaining the integrity of financial data and controls to realise the CEO owners investment.
He is flexible and a resilient self-starter, working well either alone or as an effective team player. He is a goal-driven individual, action-orientated with a can-do attitude and a fine eye for detail.
Over the course of his career, he has:
- Business Planning – Collaborative development of plan to support the bid process and successful take on of a major new strategic contract which significantly increased the size of the company, presented the business financial projections to the customers senior management team.
- New business set up– as Finance Director, established overseas operations to secure manufacturing cost reduction for a UK company including financing of new property and capital assets, Permanent Establishment and Transfer Pricing.
- Cash-flow – developed short and medium term cash-flow projections to enable business to understand working capital demands of multi scenarios, and to fund additional working capital through combination of debt finance sources during a period of rapid growth.
- Due-Diligence – as finance lead supported the sale of an SME sized manufacturing business by managing the vendor side due diligence process, virtual data room and presentation of relevant material and analysis which successfully established its assets and liabilities and commercial potential.
- Business Turnaround – Review of major loss making contracts, costing and tendering processes to improve financial viability and ensure sustainable strategy. Assignment included overhead cost efficiency benchmarking and business mentoring.
- Finance transformation – Design of finance and administrative functions to align with strategic vision, creation of road map, and effective implementation.
- Exit planning – Achievement of top and bottom line growth through business life cycle to optimise valuation for business sale.
- Merger & Acqusition – created a corporate group to integrate and reconstitute three separate manufacturing businesses into a holding company structure and integrated financial reporting procedures on behalf of Japanese owners.
Sector: Aerospace manufacturing
The Company was owned by Japanese investors who also owned two other aerospace companies in the UK.
As separate companies, they were individually dependent on parental funding. The investors requested a review of the options available to them to optimise the performance of their UK interests.
To reorganise the three companies by integrating them into a single trading entity and create a common identity within the aerospace industry which had previously considered them as individual companies.
- Various types of due diligence (financial, legal, HR, commercial etc) was carried out with the support of a local commercial law firm appointed to help with the reorganisation.
- Refinancing of the enlarged organisation with UK funders.
- Communication to key stakeholders and press information released to advise the industry on the changes.