An experienced Finance Director/CFO, Ronny Munster has worked with a range of companies over the past 30 years from smaller start-up ventures to large corporates such as JP Morgan but with a clear focus on the SME market.
Having worked at Board level for most of his career, he is adept at providing strategic advice to business owners and managers to ensure that companies are able to make the most of the business opportunities presented to them.
Ronny qualified as a Chartered Management Accountant whilst working for a nascent Channel 4 Television where he first developed his skills as an innovator and relationship builder. Following six years working in Paris and Luxembourg where he built from scratch a successful client services administration company for an international fund management group, he returned to London to work as Group Finance Director establishing a professional finance function.
Ronny has worked at Finance Director level at several SMEs as well as some large corporates. His roles often including business operations, technology and HR functions as well as finance, enabling him to provide key strategic advice to business owners.
During the past few years, as an Associate of EFM, Ronny has focussed increasingly on his role as a Business Mentor as well as an experienced Finance Director. With a flexible and hands-on approach working with key business stakeholders to relieve growing pains and enhance business success by developing meaningful strategies and improving the flow of business-critical information to management
Over the course of his career, he has:
- Exit Planning- Advising tuition consultancy on key objectives to enable the business to be ready for sales or merger during the next two years. Also, advises software engineering consultancy on creation of a strong finance function and reporting suite ahead of business sale.
- Business Planning- Collaborative development of plan to support the launch of a new financial technology product to disrupt the existing foreign currency and payments market.
- New Business Set-Up- Established Dutch operations for UK company including planning for staffing, meeting the strict requirements of Dutch regulators, Transfer Pricing issues and revenue generation.
- Cash-Flow- Enabled a small start-up niche alternative to standard banking to build a funding requirement forecast and raise significant investment on the basis of this model.
- Due- Diligence- The MD of an insurance company wanted a review of its finance function to determine whether they had the most appropriate staffing and systems. The assignment resulted in numerous changes of personnel and systems within the department.
- Finance Transformation -Redesign of finance and administrative functions to enable tax specialist consulting firm to meet its Head Office and statutory requirements
“EFM have introduced us to two good consultants. It’s given us good ideas and guidance. We didn’t have those people in place beforehand”.
Nathaniel McCullagh, Director, Simply Learning Tuition
See Full Case Study
Foreign Currency Broker
The client company provides a platform to its European clients to buy and sell currencies speculatively.
The client had no control over its suppliers invoices many of which came from overseas. Individual staff members would make or authorise payments, and finance would process payments sometimes more than once for the same supplier as invoices arrived by post and email and payments would be made any day of the week. In essence there was no process or procedure. Additionally there was no cashflow analysis or forecast to identify the business’ cost structure.