A Financial Controller with extensive experience of working in both privately owned and listed companies in a multitude of roles. In addition to strategic and operational responsibilities, Simon has experience in acquisitions, disposals and reorganisations. As a Chartered Accountant with a degree in engineering he can apply his experience and analytical skills to a wide range of business situations and sectors, from start-ups to established SMEs.
Remote, Home Counties, London, East England,
Accounts preparation, System implementation, Treasury, Banking, Business Process Improvement, Financial Analysis, Financial Restructuring, Leadership, Management Accounts, Financial Forecasting, Financial Planning and Analysis, Cost Controls
Manufacturing, Sourcing and Distribution
Simon qualified as a Chartered Accountant with Ernst & Young. He then moved into industry services where he undertook a wide variety of roles in both listed and privately-owned companies for over 20 years.
He is flexible and a resilient self-starter, working well either alone or as an effective team player. Simon is a goal-driven individual, action-orientated, with a can-do attitude and a fine eye for detail.
Over the course of his career, he has:
- Business Planning – Collaborative development of plans to support the growth of the business by strategic investment in the business’s operations.
- Cash-flow – Developed short and medium term cash-flow projections to enable business to understand intensive working capital demands of capital intensive projects and to fund additional working capital requirements.
- Due-Diligence – Supported sale and acquisition of small and medium sized businesses. Including ensuring preparation of virtual data room and presentation of relevant material and analysis.
- Business Turnaround – Review of major loss-making operations to improve financial viability and ensure sustainable strategy.
- Buy/Sell Business – Acquisition and disposal of business operations as part of group growth strategy.