Highly experienced Finance Director – Trevor is a commercially focused Chartered Accountant with extensive experience in financial management and reporting, business planning and operational support.
Trevor is an accomplished and influential business manager with over 25 years experience at a senior level in financial, commercial and business management. His background covers a range of industries including, engineering, manufacturing, retail, finance and professional service sectors. He is results oriented, articulate, a confident team builder, and able to motivate and communicate at all levels with a “hands on” attitude.
Trevor is a commercially focused Chartered Accountant with extensive experience in financial management and reporting, business planning and operational support, in a variety of industries, both listed and privately funded, including overseas operations.
Over the course of his career as a Finance Director, his responsibilities have involved:
- Successfully raising finance through AIM flotations, share placing, private equity funding, invoice financing and bank .
- Implementing and operating business management information systems, reviewing actual performance against business plans, budgets and forecasts.
- Managing the integration of 3 new overseas operations into the Waltech Group.
- Controlling the acquisition and integration of 3 European businesses into the Derms Development Group.
- Successfully managing an AIM Flotation of the Tricorn Group raising £2.6m
He brings with him all of this experience to support EFM’s growing network of Finance Directors. Trevor is based in Worcester.
- Specialist in turnaround and change management in SMEs.
- Success in re-establishing profitability and resolving cash and working capital issues.
- Experienced in acquisitions, mergers and disposals including management of due diligence process.
- Business start ups.
- Corporation tax computations and VAT reporting.
- Treasury Management and Foreign Exchange controls.
- Staff Recruitment, training and development.
“I knew Trevor when we both worked for AE Oscroft & Sons. I was the business advisor and Trevor was on the finance side. Trevor has a strong financial knowledge and is determined to always see a job through. Thanks to his clear rational thinking and energy, he helped lead the finance team and got along well with people. Trevor and I worked together to bring stability to the company. He could always point out the issues very quickly and explain to the board how best to resolve the issues effectively”.
Gary Mather, Chair of the Board, AE Oscroft & Sons