- Reduce and control operating costs
- Improve company focus
- Gain access to world-class capabilities
- Free internal resources for other purposes
- A function is time-consuming to manage or is out of control
- Insufficient resources are available internally
In the early days, cost or headcount reduction were the most common reasons to outsource. In today’s world the drivers are often more strategic, and focus on carrying out core value-adding activities in-house where an organisation can best utilise its core competencies.