Many congratulations to our associate finance director, Charles McKay, on your recent client feedback.
The technical knowledge of Charles is at a very high level. We’re back into profitability so that’s as good an indication as any of his services. I didn’t have any previous experience of using any external help, so this is my first experience and it’s been extremely positive so far. Darren Phillips – Hatch Interiors Limited
Charles is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants. He started his career working for Coopers & Lybrand (now part of PwC) in London working in financial services, litigation and people development. He moved into industry with Exel plc and quickly became a divisional Finance Director overseeing a business with turnover in excess of £250m. Following an international merger of that business, he spent 2 years working on a major change management programme to assist the integration of those companies across the world, before leaving to start working with new ventures.
For the last 17 years, Charles as a Finance Director has been involved in small digital technology, communications and not-for-profit companies from start-up status to maturing companies that require different skills and processes to continue to progress. He has been involved in numerous corporate transactions including acquisitions, disposals, fund raising and taking a company onto the AIM market.
Over the course of his career, he has:
- Start-up companies – been involved with and set up a number of companies during the last 17 years, raised over £12m in equity and debt including taking companies onto the AIM and junior markets
- Financial management – changed the reporting style, reduced unnecessary tasks and time for reporting, introduced and run new accounting systems, and managed the structure of working capital to maximise cash flow.
- Acquisitions and disposals – identified and executed a number of acquisitions and disposals during the course of the last 20 years including the negotiation and delivery of those transactions.
- Strategy formulation – established the strategic roadmaps to focus performance, identified product and service lines that provide value or should be disposed of.
- Cost Reduction – undertaken numerous cost reduction exercises in both multi-national and small start-up companies.
- Corporate Governance – introduced processes and procedures to address dysfunctional boards and management teams, meet the requirements of moving onto equity markets, and achieved ISO accreditation.
Click here to view Charles McKay’s EFM profile.
For more information about how EFM could help support your company call 01582 516300 or email email@example.com