Who is OFD?
OFD (Outsourced FD) is a subsidiary of E-Financial Management, managed by experienced Finance Director, Paul Jesson. The OFD team includes Financial Controllers, Finance Managers, Bookkeepers, Credit Controllers and Payroll Managers. The team offers a portfolio approach and each member is able to work alongside and manage a multitude of clients and their needs. The OFD team works extensively with finance directors and other financial controllers in the EFM network.
We typically work in a variety of different sectors, ideally located to work remotely and in a client’s headquarters, complimenting their management team, whether that is just supplying a single service or their entire operational finance function, flexing their service level as their needs evolve. We support many clients around the UK including subsidiaries of overseas companies, delivering all the requirements one would expect of a finance team, with bespoke services tailored towards each client’s industry sector, size and number of transactions.
Our aim is to release the busy entrepreneur or general manager from the necessary day-to-day financial headaches, to enable them to concentrate on growing their businesses. With the right skillset at the right price and customised to your needs, our flexible team-based approach enables us to provide all of the necessary day-to-day finance functions a company will require to operate and thrive.
Our Mission Statement:
A complete finance team in one hire
OFD exists to support and add value to smaller businesses by providing flexible and relevant financial-management support, whilst seamlessly integrating as part of our clients’ teams.
|Personal||We are genuine people who care about our clients, their companies and each other. We are inclusive, approachable and committed.|
|Ownership||We get to know our clients and work with them to ensure we understand their requirements. We take responsibility, manage expectations and deliver. We own our mistakes and proactively take action to remedy them.|
|Challenge||We aspire to challenge processes, embrace change and seek out improved ways to function; both within our business and for our clients.|
|Team||We work together as part of our clients’ teams to do what is best for them, whilst ensuring success for our business. We appreciate, learn from and support each other, and celebrate our combined successes.|
|Partnership||We collaborate with the best partners to ensure we deliver a complete solution. We commit to our clients and invest our knowledge & expertise in their continual journey, using other parties to strengthen our delivery where necessary.|
Benefits of OFD:
- Pay for What You Use: Instead of committing to the cost of a full-time salary, outsourced accounting allows you to pay for what you need. For example, you might choose a monthly service plan that includes cashflow management, bookkeeping, payroll processing, and more. Then, if you need additional accounting services outside of the standard offerings, you only pay for what is needed when it is needed. This outsourcing approach will save you thousands every year. When you outsource, you know exactly what you’re paying for, and there is no reason to overpay for time or services that aren’t required each month or are delivered by the wrong type of resource.
- Access to Systems and Tools: Consider the value that comes from working with an experienced finance team that already has proven systems in place. You can have confidence knowing that your accounting team is familiar with the top tools in the financial industry. These software programs can be a great investment to streamline your bookkeeping, reporting, and tax preparation. Pairing good software with quality accounting services is the most effective way to streamline your company’s financial management.
- Knowledge and Expertise: When you are working with an outsourced accounting team, you have a team of specialists who have a wide variety of expertise in the industry. The many years of experience exceeds the expertise you can get from a single employee. Also, the cost and time required to gain these specialty skills. It can be a huge burden to train in-house staff to develop the financial skills that you require with the added risk they move on as soon as they are trained.
- Option to Scale: You can have confidence knowing that your financial management system can be scaled as your company grows over time. An in-house employee only has so many hours in the day, which means that you will eventually reach the limits of what that person can offer. If you anticipate that your company will continue to grow, then it would be valuable to have a full team of outsourced finance professionals who can scale with you as you experience business’ growth.
- Less Risk of Down Time: When an in-house finance staff member is sick or on holiday, it means that you no longer have the support of a financial expert for your business requirements. However, you don’t have to worry about down time when you’re working with an outsourced finance team. If one person is away from the computer for personal reasons, then there are always other team members who can assist with your financial reports and accounts.