EFM was established in 2000 by Gary Jesson and Tony Biddle – two experienced Chartered Accountants with a wealth of commercial acumen and an established reputation for professional standards. They saw an opportunity to provide a cost effective, outsourcing solution for entrepreneurial businesses that did not have the in house capability or access to a high level of financial management expertise.
From their long experience in practice and in industry, Gary and Tony’s founding principles for EFM were simple:
- Businesses benefit from first class financial advice.
- Access to the best financial expertise should not be cost prohibitive.
Over the years, they had witnessed many excellent businesses fail, simply because of poor financial management practices. Their goal became the provision of affordable and flexible financial management expertise to small and medium sized businesses that are unable to afford this necessary expertise on a full time basis.
EFM now provides a three-dimensional service offering:
- access to a panel of experienced professionals across the UK, providing specialist business advisory skills and expertise on a part-time, flexible basis
- an insourced or outsourced delivery of our financial management services
- web-based online50 software to facilitate remote accounting
EFM provides an unrivalled nationwide business support team focused on delivering all the in-person and online financial management advice and tools businesses need to ensure compliance, survival or growth.
Our company has experienced rapid growth over recent years, as switched-on business owners recognise and take advantage of the multiple benefits we offer – easy access to the expert financial expertise and business advice, on a pay-as-you-go basis with no recruitment fees and no payroll on costs.
Do what you do best and outsource the rest…
In 2010, EFM launched a major expansion initiative and began to successfully license the brand and business model to highly skilled professionals, particularly Finance Directors across the UK.